Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a mac osx that I just uploaded a new word system

Customer Question
Hi pearl. i...

Hi pearl. i have a mac osx that I just uploaded a new word system onto. my my HP Envy 7640 is now idle. how do I get it back on line?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

Where do I find that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

I just installed the new word yea

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just discovered that it was not working after i installed word. I have gone into systems and tried everything i could see to do.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

wifi

Thank you for responding. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

i want to do it myself with help

Okay. I made the offer because it may take a lot of analysis to figure out what the problem is.

You are using a Mac computer, so you need to do one more thing to run the remote application.

Please, do the following:

- Unplug the power to the printer, plug it back in, and turn it on.

- Wait three minutes.
- Click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen.
- Click System Preferences
- Click the Printer icon

- In the left pane, right click the empty area in the list of printers and choose "Reset printing system".

- Choose to reset it and enter your Mac log in password, if prompted. Reset it.

- Click the + button that is located on the left bottom area of the window and choose your printer.

- Add that printer.

Once that is complete, test to make sure it is working.

Did that fix it?