Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Vuze 5.7 is consistently crashing my macbook pro (high

Hello, Vuze 5.7 is...

Hello, Vuze 5.7 is consistently crashing my macbook pro (high sierra 10.13.3).

Technician's Assistant: What apps were you running right before your MacBook Pro crashed?

Chrome, PureVPN, Vuze

Technician's Assistant: How much storage do you have left on your Mac? (For Mac OS 10.70 and later, you can check storage through the Apple Menu -> About This Mac -> Storage. For earlier versions, you can do this through Finder.)

97 GB

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of...other than it is intermittent. Sometimes does not crash.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Vuze 5.7.5
Java 1.8.0_121 (64 bit)
Oracle Corporation
/Applications/.install4j/jre.bundle/Contents/Home/jreSWT v4528, cocoa
Mac OS X v10.13.3, x86_64
V5.7.5.0/4 az3
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I upgraded to Vuze 5.7.6 just now, and having the same issue.
3/22/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When it crashes, what is the error you get?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No error. The entire system goes down (to black screen with white text). Well...I guess there is a Mac OS error. White writing on a black screen that says something to the effect of, "You had a system error. PC will reboot in x seconds, or push a button to reboot now". That is a major swag at a paraphrase, but hopefully you get it.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The disk utility found an issue that it could not repair. Any next steps?

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did not read correctly...I do NOT want to pay $52.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please advise next steps

ok, then I will cancel the remote, so now see if you still have the issue

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought it said $5
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Even though the disk error was not corrected?

yes.. as requested please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is running now. I will update soon.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It bombed right after I typed that.

Typed what? in Vuze?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, when I replied to you that I started vuze, the system crashed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there an alternate way, or tool, to repair the disk? FYI, it is solid state. Don't know if that matters.

Thanks

Shut down your Mac.

Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.

Turn on your Mac.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.

Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

Release the keys.

Then tell me how it operates please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have started Vuze. We'll see soon!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, it hasn't died yet. Can you tell me what that key sequence did, so I can better understand if/how it helped?

Shut down your Mac.

Turn on your Mac.

Release the keys.

Then tell me how it operates please

By resetting the P Ram

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK. Thanks for your help. If it occurs again today, can I reach you again (without another charge)?

yes of course, or tomorrow, or the next day

Richard, Apple Software Engineer