Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to transfer from the cloud old iPad to new ipad. How…

Customer Question
Trying to transfer from...

Trying to transfer from the cloud old iPad to new ipad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

How can I find that info?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

This is a new iPad mini purchased yesterday. Just want to transfer data (aops, games, etc.) from old iPad to new

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

Do you back up your old iPad to iCloud?

last back up in January, then ran out of space on tablet

Do you still have space in iCloud? I recommend creating a current back up so you can use it on the new iPad.

On the old iPad make sure you Backup:

tap Settings > [your user name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup (OR Settings > iCloud) to turn "Backup" to ON

Back up manually to iCloud over Wi-Fi by choosing "Back Up Now" from that same screen.

When the back up has completed, you can the restore it on the new iPad.

On the new iPad:

tap Settings

tap General

tap Reset

then tap “Erase all content and settings”

When the device restarts, it will display the Setup Assistant. In the Setup Assistant, sign in to iCloud, tap “Restore from a Backup,” then choose from a list of your backups in iCloud.

Your device is restored as follows: Your settings and accounts are restored from the iCloud backup you chose. Your device restarts and begins downloading your purchased music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, Camera Roll, and other content.

You may be asked to enter passwords for iTunes, App Store, and iBookstore accounts to restore purchased items. If your device can’t download the version of an app that was backed up, it downloads the latest version.

Progress bars appear below Home screen icons for apps being downloaded. To make an app a priority for downloading, tap its icon.

To check if the information on your device is fully restored, go to Settings > [your user name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup