Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My screen went blank, it's now saying it's locked, and my…

Hello, My screen went...

Hello, My screen went blank, it's now saying it's locked, and my screen is completely blank

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It's been a couple of months.....I was trying some of the abilities with zoom, accessability

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

It's asking for my passcode, I can type it in, but don't know where on the screen to hit enter

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I haven't used the online tool, wasn't aware

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You somehow activated the Zoom feature of your iPhone. First tap twice (double tap) on the screen with three fingers at the same time and it will turn off Zoom. If that didn't work, then hold down the Home button for a few seconds and it will invoke Siri. Ask Siri to turn off Zoom.

If it still not working, then you need to turn off Zoom manually.

In Zoom mode, all the functions will work normally except that the screen is bigger and you need to swipe using 3 fingers to pan around or move the screen.

So move the screen with three fingers and enter the passcode (if needed). You will have to move the screen back and forth with three fingers to enter the passcode since all the numbers will not show on same screen when the zoom is on.

Then go to Settings > General> Accessibility and turn off Zoom from there.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It won't allow me to do anything, it says I phone is disabled

That means you have entered too many incorrect passcodes. Is it still connected to WiFi network or cellular data network?

On your computer, open this website www.icloud.com

Login to your Apple ID or iCloud ID. Click Find iPhone button. Do you see this iPhone as online there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I attempted to turn the phone off by touch, I can get to the screen, but it won't allow me to swipe to turn off...it then asks for my account password, and system lock code. However, the screen is completely black, I'm attempting everything by touch

Which model of iPhone is this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also don't have a home button, it's the Iphone X

You can force reset it. Press and release Volume up quickly. Then immediately press and release Volume down quickly and then immediately hold down the side/power button until it shows the Apple logo (it may take up to 10 seconds to show the Apple logo).

See this sample video (same method for iPhone X) --> How to Force Restart the iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is disabled. no connectivity, so I can't receive a verification code
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just forced reset it, it says zoom enabled, and screen curtain on

Since it is disabled, your only option is, erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : Recovery Mode is a method which allows you to bypass the passcode/disabled screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

First, try to erase it from iCloud :

On your computer or another device, go to www.icloud.com

Log in to your iCloud account you used on the iPhone. Then in iCloud, click Find iPhone icon. From the resulting screen, select the iPhone (this problem iPhone) and click Erase button. Follow the onscreen instructions to erase. This will not work if your iPhone isn't connected to the internet or if you are not using correct iCloud. So if this doesn't work, then do the following to fix it using iTunes on your computer

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it into recovery Mode.

First, download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

Press and release Volume up quickly. Then immediately press and release Volume down quickly and then immediately hold down the side/power button until it shows USB cable pointing to iTunes screen.

Your iTunes on the computer will recognize it and ask you to restore or update it. Choose Restore option.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to Recovery Mode while connected to the computer. It may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with a spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

If your iPhone restarts to normal locked or disabled screen, then don't do anything. Check if the download on the computer is completed or not. If it is not completed, then let it complete. Once it is completed, then do these steps again

Click OK or Restore. This time it will restore it

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm downloading Itunes at the moment

It will take some time to restore the iPhone. Also, make sure you do the steps correctly as timing is very important when you put it to recovery mode

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Since I'm just now installing I tunes on the computer, will it have all of my information from my Iphone?

No, as you didn't backup to iTunes. But you may have the info backed up to iCloud. So choose restore from iCloud after restoring the iPhone from iTunes.

You are restoring the iPhone's softwre from iTunes and you will be restoring your personal data from iCloud (since there is no backup on iTunes)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks....so restore from Itunes, then go to Icloud for personal info....

After restoring the software from iTunes, your iPhone will bring the Setup screen. While setting up, it will give several options to restore the data from backup. In that screen, choose Restore from iCloud. Sign in to your iCloud ID to restore backup, if any

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you....the voice on my phone is speaking at warp speed also......when I triple tap with three fingers, it turns speech on or off

You can hold down the Siri button and command Siri to turn off Voice Over or Zoom

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok it's in restore mode now...thanks for your help
You're welcome
Ashik, Mac Technician
Ashik, Mac Technician