Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cant access Microsoft oulook..incompatibility with my

Customer Question
I cant access Microsoft...

I cant access Microsoft oulook..incompatibility with my Macbook Air and the version of the application that I have 15.13.3 Please help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I never have, I assumed it was caused by accepting the updates that come periodically

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so...I just want to be able to use microsoft outlook on my computer

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Ugo A
Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer

Good afternoon,

My name is Ugo.

After researching your issue, I came up with this quote:

"If you installed Outlook 2016 ver. 15.34 or earlier, and are not being offered an update to 15.35 or later, download the latest Office 2016 for Mac Suite Installer here." from https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Microsoft-Office-support-for-macOS-10-13-High-Sierra-80bbd3cc-2412-4593-988a-1c5607b26b28

If you hit that link in the quote, you will get a download for the full office suite. It might be faster to use this link: https://products.office.com/en-us/mac/microsoft-office-for-mac

Just double check that you are getting the 2016 version.

Please let me know if my advice solves your issue. Thanks.

I purchased my Macbook in 2016 with the software....I have never installed anything.
Not at this time but thank you for your help.

Ok, no problem.

I was clear on the directions but not comfortable doing the step on my own. I did not agree to pay $50+ for the tech to take over my computer and do it manually.

ok