Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone is losing battery life quickly. IPhone 6s is

Customer Question
My phone is losing...

My phone is losing battery life quickly

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

iPhone 6s is 11.2.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Just started going through charge faster this last month. Have tried making sure I’m clearing programs in the background but hasn’t really helped

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Ugo A
Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer

Good afternoon,

My name is Ugo.

Since you've done basic trouble shooting and your iPhone 6S is potentially 3 years old, I would suggest you have the Apple store diagnose your phone's battery and then get a replacement.

After doing some research on Apple battery issues, it seems that after Apple's recent trouble with alleged performance-degrading, they're offering a 50%+ discount on battery replacements : https://www.apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/

Please let me know if my advice solves your issue. Thanks.