Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have Iomega LDHD-UP with several thaings saved on it from…

Customer Question
I have Iomega LDHD-UP...

I have Iomega LDHD-UP with several thaings saved on it from a PC. I have moved to a Mac and cannot even get the Iomega recognized. Is there a way to get a Mac to recognize it so I can find what is on it before I format it.\?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

I have just tried plugging it in and it is not recognized in finder or on desktop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The hard drive does make an occasional buzz but still does not show up.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 1 month ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

If you connect it on another computer, does that computer detect it?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not another Mac
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
PC yes Mac no

Ok, it looks then to be formatted in the windows format, and the Mac then cannot read it.

Do you have data on it you need to keep?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I at least need to find out what is on it. I have a few WD drives formatted for PCs that are recognized. Is there something different about an Iomega?

No, but about the format used, you need to copy the data off it on one of the windows computers.

Then format it using exfat as a selection.

Then the Mac should read it.

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks but it may be a while before I get to a PC again. But I don't know what makes Iomega different from WD drives.
Also, I was charged $5 and $33 for this session. I authorized the $5 as a refundable fee. Can you have both removed from my charge card?

The costs you highlight are the costs for the service, are you saying now you have the answer to your problem you want a refund to avoid paying me for the solution?

I explained in my last message the difference is the format type not the disk brand

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m saying I never agreed to a $30 charge!
Richard, Apple Software Engineer