Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to down load the uber application on my phone.

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to down load the uber application on my phone. It is asking for my apple id password ***** an old email address:***@******.***. I no longer have that email address and I don't remember the password. I want to change the email address and password. How do I do this so I can download the uber app?

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that's it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 3 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Open Settings, tap your name at the top, tap iTunes & App Store. Tap the account and tap Sign Out.

Then open App Store, and you can download the app using your new Apple ID. If you don't have a new Apple ID, then you can create a new Apple ID from the options you get when you download an app.

Remember, when you try to download updates for already downloaded apps, it may still ask for old ID. So just delete those apps and redownload them using new ID.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.