Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an Hp envy 7640 printer and it all of a sudden would…

Customer Question
I have an Hp...

I have an Hp envy 7640 printer and it all of a sudden would not connect o my Mac Pro running Sierra 10.13 so I stupidly deleted it thinking I could go to the HP web site and simply do a reinstall and now I get the statement that the envy 760 is not comparable with my Mac Pro...which is crazy because it has worked fine in the past

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly...it has worked on my apple phone which is a 6 and my I pad before just great..I did hav magnolia out here yesterday working on out Control 4 system and they installed a new modem but it is not hooked up yet and they di remove my apple AirPort Extreme to put in what they say ia far better in order for them to communicate with the Contro 4 system but ...the guy from Cox Cable did not show so Magnolia installed their router but left my existing router with century link working until Cox gets here tomorrow ..the Magnolia deal replacing my airport extreme is Hooke up but not t century link or cox cable

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have no idea....but I seem to remember that but now I have done something that hs removed all of my printer soft ware...We are in AZ now and I have a 7640 here and one in MN and another print there of HP also and nothing now shows for printers when I go inside and click n the printer icon

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so...just fix me please

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Shefin, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Shefin, Mac Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!