Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need to reset my password. Ipad. Was version. Haven't been…

Customer Question
I need to reset...

I need to reset my password

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Ipad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Was version

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Haven't been on for a couple of years

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a new e mail address

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael T

Hi my name is ***** ***** will be helping you with this question today

Is it your apple id password ***** need to reset?

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Ok thankyou, are you on your ipad now? or computer?

On my phone but I have my I pad here
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

ok on your ipad do this

TAP SETTINGS

TAP YOUR NAME AT VERY TOP

TAP ITUNES AND APP STORE

TAP APPLE ID IN BLUE AT THE TOP

TAP ON iFORGOT AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS

Ok can't get to settings or anything else
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

What does it currently say on the screen?

It says activation lock
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

ahhh the infamous activation lock screen.....

Ok you are going to need a computer to fix this

You are going to need to open itunes on a computer and make sure its signed in

You then hook up your ipad which has the SAME apple id and it will prompt you to activate and it will be done in 30 seconds flat

My I pad and my dad's computer don't have the same apple id
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

You can actually use any computer with itunes BUT you will just need to sign out of the persons account then sign back in BUT before you do that we need to reset your password ***** your apple ID online instead of ipad so that you can sign into itunes

Ok
I have my apple I'd I just forgot my password
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

When you are able to get on a computer reset your password HERE

After you reset, sign into itunes

Once signed in, plug your ipad cord into computer and you will be prompted within a few seconds to reactivate it

Takes about 3 mins to do

Ok thanks
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Welcome, and please save this page to your favorites so you can get back to me easily

i hope I have earned a 5 star rating from you today for my help and remember if you need me just send me a message and Ill send you a reply right away

I don't have that e mail address anymore that's my problem
It's***@******.*** now
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Thats fine because we are not trying to get into your email account, you set it as your APPLE ID so at this point it is just a username for apple.. make sense?

You said your sending the password ***** that email
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

I never said anything of the sort hahaha

Explain please?

How do I get the password ?
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

By following all the directions I gave you above to fix the problem...

When you get presented with options to reset you need to select the device or account you can get into to be sent the reset information