Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I had a restriction passcode on my son's ipad. I forgot the…

Customer Question
I had a restriction...

I had a restriction passcode on my son's ipad. I forgot the password. How do I reset it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It was 6 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Sergil Cave, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Sergil Cave
Sergil Cave, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I have been assigned to your case. Are you actually able to get into the IPad to perform tasks or are you locked out of everything?

I can get to the ipad ,only the restriction password ***** to be reset
just help me out hee, how to reset it
i meant here
Are you still there?
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, I'm Karthik and I'm happy to assist you with your question today. I'm very sorry it took so long for an Expert to get back to you, I've only just come online and saw your question now.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the passcode. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

hello
are you there?

Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the passcode. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

Could you please tell me whether you have any computer like Windows 10/8/7 or Mac OSx? Because we need to connect the iPhone to the computer for restoring.

its the Ipad.
I cannot connect right now to the computer.

We need to connect your son's iPad to your computer for restoring the iPad. If you don't have a computer, is it possible to borrow one from a friend or neighbor?

I have a computer but I dont have the connecting cable

Do you have charged for the iPad? We can use the same Charger USB cable for connecting the iPad and the computer.

Thank you. I dont need your help as you are really not helping. I think this site is fraud.

We are Justanswer and we are at A+ rating with BBB. For further inquires, You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

Mike, Mac Medic