Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I’m getting charged for all kinds of stuff on iTunes I

I’m getting charged for...

I’m getting charged for all kinds of stuff on iTunes I didn’t purchase. Including I just got charged $109

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

Few days ago

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

I tried calling them and to get into my account

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I’m not gonna put up with these extra charges

3/21/2018
Shefin, Mac Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

For years, consumers have complained about fraudulent charges through iTunes. The first signs of the fraud are an email from iTunes reporting charges that were never made. So, first you have to check your credit or bank account and notice pending transactions from APL*ITUNES.

In most of the cases, criminals are "spoofing" the charges to make them look like iTunes charges. They will provide a fake link to go to your iTunes account, and update the information or cancel the order. By logging into that link, you are compromising your iTunes account. Those credentials are then used to pile on charges for music or iTunes gift codes. Sometimes, they ask you to update your credit card number, because the number they have provided is wrong. By updating your proper credit card number, you are compromising your credit card too.

Thieves can also use stolen credit card information that they've phished or purchased on the internet and connect the details to an iTunes account. You'll see iTunes charges on your credit card account but no purchases in your iTunes account, if you have an iTunes account at all.

What to do.

First, login to your iTunes account and check if you see the charges on your iTunes account. If you don’t recognize the amount charged to your bank, credit or debit card, multiple purchases might be grouped into a single transaction. You might not receive a separate email receipt for each purchase. Sometimes the charges appear on your statement few days after the purchases were made.

If you do not see any charged in iTunes, check your bank or credit card statement. If you see ‘itunes.com/bill‘ or an unfamiliar charge on your bank, credit card, or debit statement, contact Apple from the link below.

https://getsupport.apple.com/

If you notice an authorization or charges from Apl*itunes for transactions that you didnt't make, contact your bank immediately.

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know. If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

Thank you!

I need paid back for all my fraudulent charges
I need to get this resolved I can’t cancel my card it’s my only one
Do you have a number to be reached at?

Please contact Apple customer support from the link below.

https://getsupport.apple.com/

And contact your bank too, for unauthorized charges.

Thank you.

Shefin, Mac Support Specialist