Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have forgotten my password and possibly my log in for my I…

Customer Question
I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my password ***** possibly my log in for my I cloud.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I actually don't remember....maybe never. I've had the same ipad for the past 6 years.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes I didn't get anywhere that way. I did get a reset appointment time about one month ago but I believed it to 1030pm when in fact it was130am.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My level of frustration!! I'm not tech savvy as you may be able to detect!!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Adam B., Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
Adam B.
Adam B., Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm glad to be of service to you. Let me review what you've already given to come up with the best approach to proceed.

Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Besides the ipad, do you have a windows PC or a mac that you have previously connected the ipad to and synced with itunes?

Also, when you tried to reset your password ***** it didnt give you the option to answer your security questions or use a trusted phone number to reset the password?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

I don't have a Mac, I due pay a monthly fee for itunes ( maybe from the kids) and the last time I tried online it seemed like a catch22.. I needed to access my account but I couldn't because I didn't know the password.
Actually I think I may have locked myself out. As I got more frustrated I tried all the different passwords I've been using over the past years now I can't get anywhere with it!!

To be clear, you dont have a mac or a pc?