Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

LOCKED OUT OF MY I PHONE 6 PLUS FORGOT PASSWORD. ABOUT TWO…

Customer Question
LOCKED OUT OF MY...

LOCKED OUT OF MY I PHONE 6 PLUS FORGOT PASSWORD

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

ABOUT TWO TO FOUR YEARS AGO

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

NO I AM HAVING TO USE A FRIENDS ONLINE

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

JUST TRYING TO GET MY PHONE TO USE IT AGAIN THANK YOU.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.

From what I see, you forgot your Iphone Passcode, and now you can not log into the Iphone at all. Is that correct?

If you forgot your passcode, or if a message says that your device is disabled, follow these steps to remove your passcode.

If you enter the wrong passcode on an iphone six times in a row, you'll be locked out and a message will say that your device is disabled.

First, pick a way to erase your device

Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings. Choose a way to erase your device so you can remove your passcode:

• If you've synced with iTunes, use iTunes.
  • If you can't sync or connect with iTunes, use recovery mode.

Please let me know if you have a itunes backup of you iphone prior to forgetting the passcode. That is going to be our best way to recover the iphone. Otherwise, we will have to try a recovery via Itunes.

Let me know the answers to those questions, and I can assist in the best plan of action.

Thanks,

Jamie

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND

Ok, lets start with these two questions.
1) Is it correct that you are not able to log into your iphone at all using your password?

2) Have you every backed up your Iphone using your MAC or PC computer?

-Jamie

I HAVE TO SIGN OUT CANCEL OUT

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean.
Can you answer those two questions for me, so that I can properly assist you?

-Jamie