Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

After many years of trouble free ownership our iPad has gone…

Customer Question
After many years of...

After many years of trouble free ownership our iPad has gone haywire. It takes great difficulty in opening the device which then talks back revery action taken and requires reactivation. Action on this does not work because "the activation server is temporarily unavailable. I have been trying to get the iPad to activate for some weeks. It says try connecting the iPad to iTunes but there seems to be no way I can do this with the situation the iPad is in. I need help. The devise is not linked to a Telco but is used off line and through our home internet.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Ages ago can't remember but existing password ***** open device EVENTUALLY

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No how do I do that when machine will not get past the reactivation screen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think I have described everything. I just want the device to work.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where are you at with my question of 90 minutes ago?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I have some sort of response please
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am extremely concerned and disappointed that you have not responded to my questions nor given me an update on my question. Early in the process you told me you would get back to me in eight (8) minutes - it is now 2hours 30 minutes since I lodged my question with no response from you. Because of this I have requested my Bank to lodge disputed transactions for the $5 and $52 debits you charged my MasterCard with a view to cancelling the payments.
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 1 month ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

I apologize for the extended wait time you have experienced, I have only just come online now and would like to help.

When you open Itunes and try to connect to itunes what happens?

Need to be sure that the account that is signed into itunes is identical to the account on the ipad or activation will not work.

Please advise

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't get as far as iTunes I can't get past the activation screen
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry but this just appears to be a moneymaking exercise and when I joined I got a message Indicating I would get free service
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 1 month ago

Itunes needs to be accessed on a computer.. Not on the ipad

Absolutely not a free service, no such thing

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I'm not happy with how this matter has progressed . The lack of response to my initial question and follow-up questions really worries me . I am concerned that I had to sign up to a service package and then have to pay extra money to have my service or problem resolved particularly As I got a message that I've been upgraded to another package to go give me better service . I am not happy do not believe I've got value for my money and and I propose to withdraw and seek other solutions
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 24 days ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I am extremely unhappy with my dealings with your organisation and I do not wish to have any further contact. In fact I have disputed the first two transactions of $5 and $52 with my bank. Now I find you have passed a $57 unauthorised transaction to my account which will be charged back and I will cancel my card.
Mike, Mac Medic