Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Not my computer my iPhone 8 plus I don't remember the

Customer Question
Not my computer my...

Not my computer my iPhone 8 plus I don't remember the passcode

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

On my phone I just brought it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don't understand how to do it

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No just unlock my phone

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
hello are you there
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 4 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following steps:

1. Download and install the latest iTunes software at the Apple website below on a computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPhone 8 to the computer with the iPhone's Lightning USB Cable.
  3. On the iPhone 8, press and release the Volume Up button.
    - Then press and release the Volume Down button.
    - Then press and keep holding the Power button for ten (10) seconds until the iPhone 8's screen turns black. (Do not release the Power button yet.)
    - (Note: The Power button is also called the Side button or the On / Off button.)

4. While still holding the Power button, press and keep holding the Volume Down button for 5 seconds, and then release the Power button while continuing holding the Volume Down button for another 10 seconds. The iPhone 8's screen should still stay black.

5. Open the iTunes program on the computer, and it should detect the iPhone in the recovery mode.

6. Select the Restore option and continue.

- If needed, please click on the website below for the instruction video on how to put the phone in DFU mode (recovery mode):

https://youtu.be/a70jiFqMGX0?t=140

; please see the video starting from the minute 2:20.

- Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

How is it going? What's the make / model of your computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.