Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Change apple id, How do I change my email address on your…

Customer Question
Change apple id Technician's...

Change apple id

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

How do I change my email address on your records

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don't know what that is

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to change credit cards for billing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

It sounds like you need to change your apple id and also change your credit cards. That is no problem and I will post how to do both of these things for you. However, it will look like a lot, maybe even overwhelming but please don't look at that as a negative as I just want to make sure I include every possible way to make this happen as I am not sure if you use an iphone, ipad, ipod, or mac computer, etc. So below you will find out several ways to go about this.

CHANGE APPLE ID

If your Apple ID ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com

If your Apple ID email address ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you can only change your email address to another @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email that's already associated with your account. Changing your email address will change the Apple ID that other people see when sharing with you and what Apple shows when referring to your account.

Use these steps on your Apple ID account page.

1. Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
  2. In the Account section, click Edit.
  3. Under your Apple ID, click Change Apple ID. Then you get a list of emails to choose from that you can use as your Apple ID. You can only use email addresses that are already associated with your account. To see these addresses, check Reachable At in the Account section of appleid.apple.com.
  4. Choose the one that you want to use as your Apple ID. You can only change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email.
  5. Click Continue.

If your Apple ID is a third-party email address

Before you change your Apple ID email address, you need to sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID. If you want to use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to change your Apple ID, stay signed in to your Apple ID on just that device.

When you change your Apple ID, you can enter another third-party email address. Or you can enter an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email address that's already associated with your account. To see these addresses, check Reachable At in the Account section of appleid.apple.com.

Use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Name, Phone Numbers, Email.
  2. Next to Reachable At, tap Edit, then delete your current Apple ID.
  3. Tap Continue. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use.
  4. Tap Next.

Use your Apple ID account page

1. Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
  2. In the Account section, click Edit.
  3. Under your Apple ID, click Change Apple ID.
  4. Enter the Apple ID that you want to use.
  5. Click Continue.

If you enter a new Apple ID that ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you see a message to confirm. When you change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com account, you can't change it back to a third-party email account. Your former Apple ID that ends with a third-party email, becomes an additional email address for your Apple ID account.

If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address created within the last 30 days, you might be asked to try again later.

Verify your new email:

If you change your Apple ID to another third-party email address, you need to verify your account.

After you enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID, a verification code is sent to you at that address. Enter the verification code from the email into the fields provided and start using your updated Apple ID. Didn't get the email?

Sign back in:

Sign back in to all Apple services with your new Apple ID.

After you change your Apple ID, you need to use your new sign-in information with all Apple services that you use.

CHANGE CREDIT CARD

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. You might be asked to authenticate your Apple ID.
  3. Tap Payment Information.
  4. Enter your new payment details. If you want to remove your payment method, select None.
  5. Make sure your name and billing address exactly match the information on file with your financial institution. Then tap Done.
  6. If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information.

iTunes - from mac or pc:

To open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page, click this link: View My Account. Or follow these steps:

1. Open iTunes. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
  3. Authenticate your Apple ID, then click View Account.
  4. On the Account Information page:
  5. To the right of Payment Type, click Edit. You can see which payment methods the iTunes Store accepts in the Payment Type section. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  6. Change or remove your information.
    To remove the payment method, select None.
  7. Click Done.

Online website:

You can change to a different credit or debit card by signing in to your Apple ID account page. You might have to verify your payment method the first time you try to buy something on one of your Apple devices.

1. To go to the Apple ID account page, click this link: View Apple ID.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID. You might be asked to answer security questions.
  3. In the Payment & Shipping section, click Edit Payment Information. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  4. Change your payment information.
  5. Click Save.

System Preferences - from a mac:

1. Go to System Preferences > iCloud.
  2. Click Account Details. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click Payment > Details. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.

iCloud - for Windows:

1. On your PC, open iCloud for Windows.
  2. Click Account Details > Manage Apple ID. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.