Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I. I have a MAC, in the past I have been able to transfer…

Customer Question
I have a MAC...

I have a MAC, in the past I have been able to transfer apps from my computer to my big screen Visio TV using the appleTV4K now macOS High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Version 10.3

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just can not transfer items from my computer to to the apple tv4k

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Well technically you do not "transfer" items to the AppleTV but instead you "stream" them to the appleTV and then the AppleTV streams it to your Visio TV.

After your AppleTV is setup, you can airplay your mac to your apple tv. You do this by:

1. Click on the AirPlay icon on the right side of your Mac's menubar. (see pic attached)
  2. Click on Apple TV from the dropdown. (If you have multiple Apple TV's in the vicinity, choose the one you want to use right now.)