Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can’t enter a fingerprint. As soon as I start, it flashes…

Customer Question
I can’t enter a...

I can’t enter a fingerprint. As soon as I start, it flashes a message “make sure your total r

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I can’t enter a fingerprint As soon as I start if flashes a message saying make sure your entire finger covers the home button I have anything repair on several devices so I know I’m doing it correctly

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

My iPad won’t let me enter a fingerprint

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It flashes a message saying to make sure my entire finger covers the home button I’ve done this on several devices so I know I’m doing it correctly

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

Please make sure you clean your fingers very well and also give the home button a good wipe off to remove any grease from your skin.. This is the most common cause of this to happen... Please try that and then let me know if you are able to set it up

Thanks Mike

It's not fixed but I spoke with apple support. And won't need your assistance as it's a replacement and I have to go to the warranty company that sent it to me but thank you for responding and have a great day Mike by the way it's a really early time in California you woke me up Manny way thanks for getting back to me.
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Thanks very much. Sorry for waking you up, we do not have any way of knowing where you are in the world.

I would suggest changing your notification settings... Have a good day!