Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I forgot my apple ID password. I'm not sure if i ever did. I…

Customer Question
I forgot my apple...

I forgot my apple ID password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I'm not sure if i ever did. I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR THE LAST TWO DAYS. It said it would send me a code in 24 hours and did not. then it said it would send me a code in 36 minutes and it did not. And this time it said it would send me a code in 12 days>

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I think so but not sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have an apple ID under a different email, but it is not in sinc with my iphone

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 3 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I was asked to comfirm phone number. I have an iphone
i don't want secure remote

Please try the following on the iPhone to reset the password.

tap Settings

tap [Your user name] (OR, for iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > [your name])

tap Password & Security

tap Change Password

If you aren't already signed in to iCloud. Open Settings and tap "Sign in to your [device]" > "Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it" and follow along. (OR, for iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > “Forgot Apple ID or Password” then follow along)

If it only asks for password ***** enter an incorrect password ***** times and it should prompt to reset it.