Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My gmail account is off line. On my Mac. Nothing

My gmail account is...

My gmail account is off line

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my Mac

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

May I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot and fix this issue for you?

Google.
I do not want to remote connect.

You use "Google" to access your email account? Does that mean that you use "Google Chrome" the browser to access the account?

Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Look, I am not real tech savvy. I turn on my Mac and hit the mail icon. Thats all I know.

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 49
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

You are using a Mac computer, so you need to do one more thing to run the remote application.

Please, do the following:
- Click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen.
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab
- Click the "Open Anyways" button and run the program.

Once that is done, the remote application will open.

No open anyways button is appearing.

Did you attempt to run the program after you downloaded it?

No, because after I hit the general tab there was no "open anyways"

Before that will work, you have to attempt to open the program.

First, go to your downloads folder, open and run the Elsinore file.

While holding down the Shift key on the keyboard, right click the Elsinore file and choose "Open".

I do not see an Elsinore file.
You don't right clic on a Mac.

That means you didn't download the file. Please, do the following.

Click this link: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

I have a right click on my Mac because I have button.

When I clic on it, it says it can not ope in because it cannot confirm your identity. Going no where.

Good. That means you attempted to run it. Now we can continue.

Please, do the following:
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab

Done.

Thank you

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Thank You.

You are most welcome. Thank you.

Can you please return my mail page to full size. Also my Home page for High Sierra is gone.

Click the Maximize button, which is located on the top left of the window. There are three icons there. Click the one on the far right.

I have to reset it every time. Not happy. Also I want my screen saver back. Not the blue screen of death.

I don't know what are you referring to now. You may be referring to the background. Please, turn your Mac off and on. That will resolve that problem.

I did.
I restarted it.

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 97

Please, do the following:
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab

I want the beautiful mountain background back that was on it to start with after I upgraded to OS High Sierra.

Please, do the following:
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab

All is working now. Thank you