Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I get out of split screen on my ipad. Didn’t work.

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get out of split screen on my ipad

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your device (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Yes. Didn’t work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

New iPad. New features.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/20/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 4 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have this issue in Safari app? or with entire iPad?

Safari only, I guess
No I want to know how to fix it myself

Put your iPad in horizontal way, then open Safari. In Safari, on the right side or left section, you will see a small x button under the address bar (in left side). Tap it to close that window and put the other window to full screen.If you want to put it back to split screen, then just tap and hold your finger on the tabs (two boxes icon) at top right and select Open in Split View)

See this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE0p67QyRMA&t=118s

If that didn't work, then close Safari. Go to Settings > Safari and tap Clear History and Website Data, Only do this if the above doesn't work.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.