Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am wishing to fix a Skype problem I have on my laptop. I…

I am wishing to...

I am wishing to fix a Skype problem I have on my laptop. I believe I need to uninstall Skype completely and then reinstall it.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

MacBook Pro, 13", purchased in August 2011

Technician's Assistant: Did the application come with an uninstaller, either on the installation disc or in the application's folder on your Mac?

I downloaded it years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure

3/20/2018
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

Are you having problems with uninstalling Skype or do you just need some assistance with that?

Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Hi Jason,First, do i need to uninstall Skype to fix the problem?
(I ended up getting an unexpected call)
Skype is not operating properly since my laptop was serviced.
Do i need to uninstall and reinstall to fix the problem?

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 29
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

You are using a Mac computer, so you need to do one more thing to run the remote application.

Please, do the following:
- Click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen.
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab
- Click the "Open Anyways" button and run the program.

Once that is done, the remote application will open.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com