Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to recover password and give new credit card info. 6…

Customer Question
Trying to recover password...

Trying to recover password ***** give new credit card info

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

6 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes but can’t supply old credit card info

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/20/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Since it sounds like the online Apple ID reset tool has not worked for you do the following on your Mac if you have one:

Go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
Choose Account Details.
If you're asked to enter your Apple ID password, click "Forgot Apple ID or password" and follow the onscreen instructions.
Click Security > Reset Password. Before you can reset your Apple ID password, you'll be required to enter the password ***** to unlock your Mac.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.