Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wife's ipad "crashed" and now is requesting her original…

Customer Question
My wife's ipad "crashed"...

My wife's ipad "crashed" and now is requesting her original set up information. She has dementia and can not remember her password. Help!

Technician's Assistant: What apps were you running right before your iPad crashed?

She only uses facebook and email.

Technician's Assistant: How much storage do you have left on your iPad? (You can check storage by going to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage.)

Can not get into the ipad. Only screen that comes up is Activation Lock. And askes for her password, which she can not recall.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password
Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.