Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My credit card was hacked and I had to drop it and get

Customer Question
My credit card was...

My credit card was hacked and I had to drop it and get another new credit card. Since that time I have tried to sign up for the additional i-Photo but it will not be accepted. I have lost my 75,000 photo's which I use daily. I am 78 years old and not that tech knowledgable. So, I keep a daily journal and include photo's. I have not been able to import photo's for two weeks. What in the hell do I do???????

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know!!!!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It is a new iPhone that cost me $1,000.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just get my I photo back. I have put my new credit card in many times and it gives me the note that Apple ID has been disconnected!!!!!!!!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/20/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 3 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today.
It sounds like there may be an issue with your AppleID account, as well as it my still have the old credit card on file that was hacked. That can be causing issues with your Apple account in general.
What I would like to do first is to verify we can get into your AppleID account, then verify the credit card info on file to see if it needs updated. Then we can test Iphoto.
What I would recommend is that we do this from a MAC or PC. This way we verify that everything is working there before trying to get it working on your Iphone.

It would be best if we started a remote session and I can walk through these steps on your computer with you.

Let me know if you would like me to send detailed instructions or if you would like me to send the remote assistance info to you.

Thanks,

Jamie