Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have forgotten my password and I am not sure how my Apple…

Customer Question
I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my password ***** I am not sure how my Apple ID is not my email

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don’t remember. My email address is***@******.*** I am almost 69 yrs old and this the only email address I use. I am thinking that one of my kids put in this other address (*****@******.***. I don’t even know how to get into that email. When I try to put in my email (Bengi49) apple says that account in no longer available. But that is my original account I have it since we first got started with computers back in the 80’s. So if you could help me change my email address from***@******.*** TO

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Customer:***@******.*** Then I can reset my password ***** well. No I am not sure how to do that either.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can’t think of anything right now. I am trying to get FaceTime set up, so I can talk to our daughter who lives in Texas. We live in OK.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/20/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password
Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.