Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My 2015 Mac Book Pro makes power up sound but my screen

My 2015 Mac Book...

My 2015 Mac Book Pro makes power up sound but my screen remains blank

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook Pro (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

Yes and no response

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It is less than one year old, was purchased in 2016 as an previous year model

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you disconnect the power cable and then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me if it then functions correctly please

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Hello This did not work
I am waiting for father instructions
Hello, are we connected

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

how can i open a program for my computer if I cannot access the screen

you do it on the computer you are speaking to me on now

Ok I have down loaded it from the down load file
user737198129
password *****
Did you receive
Hello Richard, Is it possible for you to send your on line diagnoses to my e-mail.***@******.***. Would be appreciated, the communication system for this message disappeared,and only a small box for dialogue. Thanks and have a good day.
Danny

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

When I held the command R key while I powered on the computer, nothing, It did not make the sound when the computer starts up. I did not have the power cable on but the green light was on at the power port cable

Is it a wireless or cabled keyboard?

Key board is part of the lap top for my Mac Book Pro. I do not have a separate key board

ok, checking

Shut down your Mac.

Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.

Turn on your Mac.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.

Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

Release the keys.

No restart or sound
I tried a second time and no results

Thanks

It is the internal motherboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Mac to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you