Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad is disable. I don’t know. This was in storage for a…

Customer Question
My iPad is disable ...

My iPad is disable

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I don’t know. This was in storage for a while

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I slide to open, type in password ***** it’ says connect to itune

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not right now

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/20/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 4 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the small circle icon or small down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk
- Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

What's the make / model of your computer, if any?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,