Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The Touch ID is not working on the Apple store. Is it

Customer Question
The Touch ID is...

The Touch ID is not working on the Apple store. Is it possible to use my passcode instead?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have not since I bought the phone(s) back in November.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I haven't.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I also need to know how I access the iCloud. Every time I try it fails. Most likely I'm doing something wrong.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

Tap the Settings app from your Home screen.

Tap on the "Touch ID & Passcode" option.

Enter your passcode when prompted.

Switch App Store to Off.

You can now use your passcode for the App Store.

What are you trying to do to access iCloud?