Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Grand son change the settings and I 'i not able to tur it…

Customer Question
My Grand son change...

My Grand son change the settings and I 'i not able to tur it on

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

This I pad is min iPad it is about two years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

This is out of service for about one year

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don t know I just try to help the grand son I don't know what kind of information you need

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 5 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

What happens when you try to turn it on?

I don't have any way to gett direct assessto it I have no cord and ii'm not to to mach of an expert

You do not have the original cord to charge it?

Are you there the ipad is plogged

Please say that again.

sorry the ipad is plugged in
can you plz help

Thanks. What happens when you try to turn the iPad on?

i goes t the the hello screen and askes for the apple id but i forgot the id

Ok,

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

my dad put all the infomation on the ipad soi would need him you could call him

If you've forgotten the ID you'll need to use the above instructions to try and retrieve it and reset the password.

right now im on the mode where you chose a network but it says that it didnt work
but i cant
why cant you call my dad but if you cant ill have to get back to you after i bring my dad he could talk to or call

I would suggest you contact your father to continue and get back with me when you are able to proceed. You will need to be able to answer details related to the Apple ID account in order to regain access.

could you give me your phone number so i can tell my dad on the phone to call you

You can ask him to call this number: 1-***-***-****. He will need to ask if they can verify him as the owner of the Apple account for the purposes of verifying the email address and resetting the password.

thanks also could we have your email if this problem goes on

You can come back to this conversation at any time via the following link

https://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/b3qnh-grand-son-change-settings-i-not-able-tur.html

You should receive a link at the email address you used when signing on here, as well.

If you still have concerns, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. Please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

thamks talk to you later

Ok, good luck!

hi im back my dad tryyed to call but he wants your extension'
Hi John are you there I myth have the information that you need to get this working
Regarding the grand son i pad the boy was playing with it and he treeted lyke asa lost and since than never work again
I try to contact youover the internet and by phone but it seems that I 'm not able to conect with you please call this #***********or other wise I have to cancel my paymentThank you

I have already provided the instructions but will provide them once again.

You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

Thanks and good luck,

Hi JohnI'm not able to repair the i pad I'm' I don't have the information that apple ask for so so I guess nuthing doneArmando

Who's Apple ID was actually used to set up the iPad and what is the information you are lacking?

Hi JohnWhen the i pad was set up the information they use was my son the father of my grandsons and then someone ells help him on 5the process and now the apple ask for the Gmail they used for reference to send the code number this we don’t have so we are stack

Do you have any sort of receipt or other proof of purchase from when it was first bought?

When the i pad was set up the information they use was my son the father of my grandsons and then someone ells help him on 5the process and now the apple ask for the Gmail they used for reference to send the code number this we don’t have so we are stack

Yes, I read that earlier. Do you have any sort of receipt or other proof of purchase from when it was first bought?