Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Need new Apple id. I don’t need a new password. First I need…

Customer Question
Need new Apple id ...

Need new Apple id

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don’t need a new password. First I need a new Apple id

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes. I want voice help to walk me through the process

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have changed my email address and can’t completely get rid of the old one. Old address is connected to current Apple id

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 1 month ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

It will likely be easiest to update info from a computer.

You can do so by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/

Once signed in, you will see the option to add and verify a new ID. You can then remove the old one. Browse the rest of the personal information shown on screen and verify it is all correct. Make any changes as needed - scroll down to each section, verifying the info is current, and click "Edit" at the right side of the screen for each area that needs updated.

Once completed, the personal information should updated almost immediately for all Apple-related services. You may need to restart your devices depending on what was updated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t have a computer

Ok what device are you trying to update this on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
iPhone and ipad

Ok, you can use the same site on your iPad.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I’ll try. What if I can’t manage the directions and I still don’t have an apple id

You previously stated "Old address is connected to current Apple id" so you must have an existing Apple ID.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t know what that id is

The username is ***** ***** same as your email address. Do you have it listed on either your iPhone or iPad in Settings currently?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Trouble is the Apple ID is connected with my old email address. That account is closed but I can’t get rid of the prior email address. Yes I know my username,which is my old email address, but Apple won’t except it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What happened to my Mac support specialist John.f.? I’ve paid for his help.

So you are unable to sign in with the existing ID and password? What does it say when you attempt to do so?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Says your Apple ID or password ***** *****

Ok, is the old ID currently in use on your iPhone or iPad in Settings?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is the old id? If it is my old email address that account is closed but the Id is still there. I think my new email should be used, but I can’t get rid of old email address. This is very confusing to me and I’ve been working on the problem for two weeks.

The suggested way of handling this is to update your existing Apple ID to use the current email address. If you do not, then all data stored with or purchases made under the old ID will be entirely lost to you.

Can you tell me what version of iOS you are currently running on the iPad, please?

From the Home screen;

tap Settings

tap General

tap About

On the About screen, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says 11.2.6.(15100)

Thanks.

Go back to the main page in Settings. At the top do you see your user name?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

What about on your iPhone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it is not

Do you see the option to ""Sign in to your [device]"?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Under settings says
Update Apple ID settings. I click on that says. “Some account services require you to sign in again. Then “continue “. I press continue up comes. Apple ID password, enter the password ***** @*****@******.***”. I don’t know that password. “Continue” brings me to “forgot password? Then has my old email [email protected] mchsi.com. The questions, directions, and my answers go round and round

Ok, it may be easiest for you to do this via phone to reset the password ***** then everything else can be updated properly after that.

You can try calling this number: 1-***-***-****. Ask if they can verify you as the owner of the account for the purposes of resetting the password.

Once it is reset, the account can be updated with the new email address, etc...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Whose number is *****?

That is the number for Apple's dept to handle the scenario you are faced with. They *may* try to send you back to the online tools first but please explain those are not working well for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok.

Good luck!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I get you again if I need to?

Yes you can come back and ask additional questions on this topic at any time. If I'm not online I will respond when I return.

You should be receiving links in your email to our discussion and can also reach via the following:
https://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/b3qg7-need-new-apple-id-don-t-need-new-password-first-need.html

John T. F., Apple Consultant