Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I received s call saying my account was hacked. Several

Customer Question
I received s call...

I received s call saying my account was hacked. Several foreign charges. Asking for my password. Can you check to see if my account is hacked?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Long time sgo

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

What does that do? Now my sign on screen is different

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I’ m just worried. I do my banking and bill paying on line. Can this person call me on a phone?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. You're account is not hacked.

There have been a lot of these scam emails and phone calls going around lately and they will ask you for personal information like your social security number or other personal information. Apple would never ask you for information like this. Apple will also never call you. If they call back just hang up it is a very common scam.

Make sure you can sign in here https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin and if you can go ahead and delete that email. If you cannot sign in reset your password. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.