Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Reset my hp printer default, now I can't seem to connect it.

Customer Question
Reset my hp printer...

Reset my hp printer default, now I can't seem to connect it. Called Hp support and was connected to an out of country support that wished to connect to my Mac. Once on, they concluded it was a network issue and they needed 30/40 minutes to work on my hard drive remotely. I stopped the session now concerned that I may have other issues on my 2 month old iMac

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your HP printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't remember doing it. Could it just connected when I first got the mac

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That outside country guys said I had chromium on that I should not be using plus I somehow acquired MacKeeper that I can't seem to get rid off.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: technicalcat, Consultant replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Have you already REconnected the printer to your wireless network? This is usually accomplished by using the buttons and small screen on the printer itself (not your computer)

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.q

How do I do that please

The fastest and easiest way to fix these kinds of problems is a remote connection, which includes phone support. I can connect directly to your computer and call you and fix the problem while you watch and communicate with me. Would you like remote services?

If not, you will need to navigate to your settings, then then network settings on the printer. then select the network setup wizard. let me know if you are able to do that, or if you'd like phone support instead.