Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

To get on the internet it is not accepting the password, it…

To get on the...

To get on the internet it is not accepting the password, it is asking for a WPA2 password ***** I don’t know what that is

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Mac computer

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

I have only had it a day and I don’t know what OS I am running. How do I find out

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

I got it yesterday, used and I want to get onto the internet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t know what I don’t know, sorry

3/19/2018
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. May I know what is the make and model of the WiFi Modem/router?

Cisco DPC3835

If you look at the bottom panel on the Cisco router, you can see a small sticker pasted. Please check in the sticker if you find any Network key or Wireless password ***** Network security key?

If you are not going to remotely connect then are you still charging me $39?

No we are not going to charge you $39 for remote assistance.

Did you get my last message

Is it possible to connect your computer to the cisco router using Hardwired(Ethernet)?

I don’t know what Hardwired Ethernet is

Do you have any other device(like computer or smartphone)connected to the same wifi network?

my iPad and my iPhone

Do you have WiFi internet on those devices(iPhone and iPad)?

I would like to check the IP address in the IPhone or Ipad

1. From the home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap Wi-Fi. The screen shown below appears.
  3. Locate the connected Wi-Fi network, and then tap the blue i next to the network name. The window shown below appears.
  4. Your iPhone's current IP address for the selected Wi-Fi network is displayed at the top of the window,

Can I have the router IP address?

192.168.0.1

Open Safari in your iPhone/iPad, In this address bar please type the router address 192.168.0.1 and hit go. Please let me know what do you see in the device screen?

Where is the addresss bar

address bar will be in the top on the safari browser, It will be in the name of search or enter the web address.

This connection is not private

Try with the different browser like chrome.

It Is an IP address

Yes, You need to enter only the IP address of 192.168.0.1

Are you still there?

Have you entered the Router IP address as 192.168.0.1 in the address bar?

it is a Default routerIP address

Please enter the default router IP address in the iPhone/iPad's browser.

This website may be impersonating to steal your personal information you should go back to previous page

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Robert
Robert, consultant

that mac address you put in the picture is not a passkey

the passkey is the password ***** you use in any device like a phone to get into your wifi in your house

do you know what that code is?

No sorry I believe that I put the password ***** the back of the router in my iPad and iPhone in settings

that is possible

but it is not the one that you put in the picture that said MAC

it might be under the router on a sticker and it will say passkey or wpa or encryption code or security or something like that

if you can find another sticker and put a picture in here i can tell you if that would be it

try the one that says pre shared key and starts 236

Thank you so much

does it work?

if so can you PLEASE

take a moment to click the stars to give me a 5 star rating

Robert
Robert, consultant