Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I got a new iPad somehow my road runner address is

Customer Question
When I got a...

When I got a new iPad somehow my road runner address is spelled incorrectly. It will receive messages but will not key re send or reply to messages ok that account

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I am not sure. Very technologically challanged

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I think it is OS1

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Don’t think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

Ok, it will be easiest to remove and then re-add the email account.

TO REMOVE ACCOUNT

From the home screen, tap Settings.

tap “Accounts & Passwords” OR “Mail”

From the Accounts section, tap the email account you wish to remove.

tap “Delete Account”.

tap “Delete” to confirm.

TO ADD ACCOUNT

In Settings > “Accounts & Passwords” OR “Mail” …

In the Accounts section, Tap “Add Account”.

tap your email provider (AOL, for example), or use "Other" if not listed

Follow the onscreen steps and provide the required information to configure your account. In the boxes provided you should enter your name, complete email address, password, and a description of the account.

Once you’ve entered your information, in the top right, tap Next.

After your account has been verified, in the top right, tap Save. (Note: Make sure that the Mail option is turned ON.)

When the account setup has been completed, test that it works properly.

Thanks and good luck!

What does host name mean

Where are you seeing that?

When trying to add account there is a line that says Host Name mail.twc.com. Now it is saying caolina.rr.com has been added. That is incorrect. That is what I am trying to fix. I should be Carolina.rr.
The spelling is what I am trying to fix

Did you follow the directions to remove the account first?

I did

Ok, good. When you added the account and enter the email address and password ***** ***** inserting the misspelt server name itself?

Ok, delete the account once again.

Then completely restart the iPad before trying to set it up again. (press the right Sleep/Wake button until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

It is all gone now. Do I try to add an act now

If you've restarted then yes, now try adding the account again.

Get same message. “The user name or password ***** ‘mail.twc.com’ is incorrect
It sys hostname is ***** ***** have no idea what that means

mail.twc.com is the site used to retrieve mail for your account.

Are you able to sign into webmail with your email address and password *****?

Now something has come up saying this acct may not Beatles to send or receive emails. Are you sure you want to save. Am about to pull my hair out. Nothing but trouble since u got this new ipad
May not be able to send or receive.

Apparently not. Sorry to be so much trouble

No worries.

You can find directions for resetting your password ***** the following page. Look under the option for "Resetting your email password":
https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/internet/step-by-step/twc-mail.html

Once it's reset, then go back and remove and re-add the email account on the iPad.

I have reached the level of my incompetence. Can I switch to secure remote assistance?

I can not fulfill a remote request but if you submit a new request with payment I will open it to all experts that might be able to pick it up.

Now John they will not accept my credit card # which I am sure is correct because it gets used very very often. I give up. Am ready to throw this ——/ thing in garbage
Thanks for trying

You can contact customer service directly via***@******.*** with any financial issues. I'm afraid i dont have access to your account details for security reasons.

Apparently we used by husbands card to buy this. Will go to store and work it out. Thanks again for your help

The card used shouldn't effect your issue.

However, if you have any further questions on this topic, please let me know at any time.

I went back and tried everything again still not working. a few questions 1. what does description mean? host named? why would it say I am using an invalid email address when I am using***@******.***
as

It you have a correct and working email address and password ***** it shouldn't ask for the additional info like host name, etc...

Are you able to sign into this site with your email address and password:
https://webmail.cfl.rr.com/?v=bh_theme​

Well now I have nothing. When I started trying to fix this this, I was at least receiving emails at this address on my ipad. I just could not send. after trying to fix it, I can do neither. I have tried shutting down ipad and restarting .... tried to set up account again and it keeps telling me I need to use a valid email address. I am working from my hard drive computer now. I thank you for trying, but nothing works. I can send and receive emails using***@******.*** on this computer. problem is with ipad only

You haven't answered my question, however...

https://webmail.cfl.rr.com/?v=bh_theme​

I cannot. Says I need a correct email address

Ok then that explains why you can not set up the email account on the iPad. You need to double check that the email address you are using is correct and active.

It is correct and active on my phone and also on my hard drive computer and has always worked on my ipad also before I got the new ipad.. I give up. had trouble with people at Apple store from beginning Sorry I ever decided to get upgrade. You have been very helpful and I thank you for your patience.

If this doesn't work on the website however, then something is amiss with the address or password. The new iPad has nothing to do with the website.

Are you able to send an email to yourself on your phone or computer?

I can send from phone and get it on desktop send from phone receive on desktop using***@******.*** only thing not working is ipad

Let me opt out so another expert can look at the email issue.

Please do not reply back until you hear from them as it may delay the transition.

Thanks and good luck!

Problem not solved.
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there

Do you still need assistance with this?

Please let me know