Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Password trouble for google. MacBook Pro. 10.13.3. Pretty…

Customer Question
Password ***** for google ...

Password ***** for google

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

MacBook Pro

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

10.13.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

Pretty much just today. It's been acting funny lately though, having me re-enter passwords for various accounts. I tried my normal password, didn't work (this was for signing onto Google, not***@******.***) so I hit forgot password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

And though I was getting notices on my iPhone saying I had changed my***@******.*** password (which I didn't want to do) my computer was saying there was a problem. I guess not.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Since your email is a Gmail account, and you manage your email using an email program that Google may consider not secure, login to your Gmail account through a web browser after clicking on the link below and then turn on the Allow less secure apps setting. (may be hidden if your administrator has locked less secure app account access):

click here
Then test the Mail app to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know if you need further assistance after trying the procedure above.