Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an IMac 21.5 Serial # CO2M43GWF8J2 and I have been…

Customer Question
I have an IMac...

I have an IMac 21.5 Serial # CO2M43GWF8J2 and I have been getting a message saying Safari can't verify the identity of the website "stags.bluekai.com" Whats this all about?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Safari?

I don't resall.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Safari?

This drop down appears almost every time I click on a connection.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
I need to know if my computer has been infested and how I can get rid of this annoying occurrence.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

If your web browser is constantly being redirected to the Stags.bluekai.com site, then it is possible that you have an adware program installed on your computer.

Once this malicious program is installed, whenever you will browse the Internet, an ad from Stags.bluekai.com will randomly pop-up.
These ads are aimed to promote the installation of additional questionable content including web browser toolbars, optimization utilities and other products, all so the adware publisher can generate pay-per-click revenue.

When infected with this adware program, other common symptoms include:

• Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
  • Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
  • Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
  • Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s knowledge.

Malwarebytes AdwCleaner is a free utility that will scan your computer for adware programs that may have been installed without your knowledge.

1. You can download Malwarebytes AdwCleaner from the below link.
    MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will start the download of “Malwarebytes AdwCleaner” on your computer)
  2. When Malwarebytes AdwCleaner has finished downloading, please double-click on the AdwCleaner icon to perform a system scan with this program.

If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner, please allow it to run.
  3. When the Malwarebytes AdwCleaner program will open, click on the “Scan” button as shown below.

Malwarebytes AdwCleaner will now start to search for the Stags.bluekai.com adware and other malicious programs.
  4. To remove the malicious files that were detected in the previous step, please click on the “Clean” button.
  5. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner will prompt you to save any open files or documents, as the program will need to reboot the computer to complete the cleaning process. Please do so, and then click on the “OK” button.

When your computer reboots and you are logged in, Malwarebytes AdwCleaner will automatically open a log file that contains the files, registry keys, and programs that were removed from your computer. Please review this log file and then close the notepad window.
    You can now continue with the rest of the instructions.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a powerful on-demand scanner which should remove the Stags.bluekai.com redirect from your machine. It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will run alongside antivirus software without conflicts.

1. You can download download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the below link.
    MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link open a new page from where you can download “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware”)
  2. When Malwarebytes has finished downloading, double-click on the “mb3-setup-consumer” file to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on your computer.

You may be presented with an User Account Control pop-up asking if you want to allow Malwarebytes to make changes to your device. If this happens, you should click “Yes” to continue with the installation.
  3. When the Malwarebytes installation begins, you will see the Malwarebytes Setup Wizard which will guide you through the installation process.

To install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on your machine, keep following the prompts by clicking the “Next” button.
  4. Once installed, Malwarebytes will automatically start and update the antivirus database. To start a system scan you can click on the “Scan Now” button.
  5. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for malicious programs.
    This process can take a few minutes, so we suggest you do something else and periodically check on the status of the scan to see when it is finished.
  6. When the scan has completed, you will be presented with a screen showing the malware infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has detected.
    To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes has found, click on the “Quarantine Selected” button.
  7. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now quarantine all the malicious files and registry keys that it has found.
    To complete the malware removal process, Malwarebytes may ask you to restart your computer.

When the malware removal process is complete, you're done! The malicious program should be gone.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.