Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have not received gmail emails since midday yesterday and…

Customer Question
I have not received...

I have not received gmail emails since midday yesterday and up until 9:32 this morning. I don't know where to look for them. I just increased my storage from google- and I thought that would allow those missing emails to show up- but there is a black hole since yesterday through this morning.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Gmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

My internet connection is fine. I've checked from 3 different locations- my iphone, my mac air and a Dell desktop.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Not that I'm aware of- and again- I started receiving emails at 9:32 this morning- but there are no emails before that since yesterday- which is impossible.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me which program you use to access Gmail with on your computer?

Please let me know

Thank you

I have tried both google and the inbox on my mac air
No thank you.
Are you going to help me or did I just waste $5?

Thanks

If you send an email to yourself, is the mail received?

It is now. But not the one I sent to myself yesterday.

OK, Do a search for one of the emails you sent to yourself before but did not arrive, at the top in Gmail via the browser.

Does it find it?

I just did a search for an email sent to me by my exec. director last night- and it is not showing up.

If you check the trash, is it listed there? possible under a variation of what you are searching for

No. I tried spam, trash, etc. It just hasn't been received.

Go to the cog wheel top right then settings

Then filters

Are any filters listed there?

no.

Ok, it will then of been a temporary issue with sending to the account, there are no filters causing this, allow up to 24 hours and most web servers will retry sending the email again to you which will arrive now that it is operation, or they will inform the sender that there was a failure and the sender will know to send it again.

Ok- thank you.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.