Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Need to reset password. New phone on Saturday. Still setting…

Customer Question
Need to reset password ...

Need to reset password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

New phone on Saturday. Still setting things up.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Thats what I thought I was doing now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. From the sound of it, it looks like you need your AppleID Password ***** Please let me know if this is not correct and I can get you instructions for a different account reset.

To reset your AppleID login please use these steps.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page (https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin) and click Forgot Apple ID or password.
  2. When you're asked to enter your Apple ID, enter the ID you use.
  3. Enter your first name, last name, and email address. If you enter the wrong email address, you can try again with a different one.
  4. Follow the on screen steps to get the AppleID password ***** reset.

If you forget your AppleID also then you may be able to check a different device to find that info:

You may already be signed in on one of your other Apple devices. View the Apple ID that you're using for these services:

From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store. On iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iTunes & App Store
  2. Tap Settings > [your name]. On iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud
  3. Tap Settings > Messages > Send & Receive
  4. Tap Settings > FaceTime
  5. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars

9. From your Mac or PC:

1. Select Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud
  2. Open Mail, then select Mail > Preferences, then click Accounts
  3. Open Calendar, then select Calendar > Preferences, then click Accounts
  4. Open FaceTime, then select FaceTime > Preferences, then click Settings
  5. Open Messages, then select Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If this helps, please rate me 5 Stars!

Thanks,

Jamie