Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The logic board in my MacBook Pro (17 inch, 64 bit) received…

Customer Question
The logic board in...

The logic board in my MacBook Pro (17 inch, 64 bit) received water damage (one corner has a 2.5 inch diameter spot). Otherwise, the innards of the laptop are fine. I cannot access the machine to find my serial number. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About 3 months ago: ID is PEAs!243.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do I find and use that tool?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Will it be a phone call or a text to my phone, or should I await help on this chat?

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 30 days ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

You will need to have the logic board replaced. The cost of this is typically several hundred dollars, and would vary considerably based on the model of MacBook you own, and whether or not you have AppleCare+ for the device.

If you might be able to tell me more about your MacBook -- the model year, particularly -- I can help obtain a firmer price quote for you.

Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro