Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have been a victim of a fraud and I have allowed these…

Ok I have been...

Ok I have been a victim of a fraud and I have allowed these people from a tech support company in California onto my apple desktop computer through team viewer. Now I need to get them out of my computer because they have inserted tracking files and can observe all my transactions. Can I bring my computer to the Genius Bar at the Roseville store to get completely scanned and wiped clean of all thieves?

Technician's Assistant: What Apple model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have an OS desk top and the operating system has pages and numbers in it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Since December of 2017 and they keep demanding more money from me

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have hired a forensic digital company

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

We can resolve this from here

Apart from Teamviewer, what other programs did they install?

Logmein 123

ok, do you know how to uninstall that?

It doesn’t matter if it’s uninstalled they can still have access
I have uninstalled team viewer I don’t know how to uninstall log me in 123

If you uninstall the programs installed from them they lose access to your computer

Drag logmein to the trash to remove it

Let me know when you have please

I am not in front of my computer I am at work and it is at home
I think I should take the computer to Apple store Genius Bar

ok, basically when you uninstall the programs to allow remote access, this stops remote access. With no program there, they cannot connect.

If you want though, you can make an appointment for your computer via my link below

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

To have this done in person if you wish, but the goal is to uninstall the software that was installed.

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Apple Software Engineer