Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad has locked me completely out ,can I talk with you on…

Customer Question
My iPad has locked...

My iPad has locked me completely out ,can I talk with you on the phone I can,t text to good please call me at this no.(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I did not change it I have had one for along time and got anew one at Christmas of this year and tried to et it up using a different e-mail and password. The old one has locked me out

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes ,i need help with both of them the new one I,m on now won,t let me download nothing because it saying I am using the wrong password.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

To clarify; is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?

He password ***** the apple ID.

Thanks,

You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I don, have a computer, send me a email with a new Apple ID password.

Where are you able to access your email currently?

I am using my cell phone talking to you.

Is it an iPhone?

I,'ve already paid $35.00 do I still have to pay $39.00 for the remote assistance?

No, as I said, feel free to ignore the remote access offers. We can not remote into an iPad.

Is your cell phone an iPhone... or do you have another Apple device where you can access the home screen?

I have another I Pad so,so tell me what to pull up.

Ok does the other iPad use the same Apple ID. If so, you can try this;

tap Settings

tap [Your user name] (OR, for iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > [your name])

tap Password & Security

tap Change Password

If you aren't already signed in to iCloud. Open Settings and tap "Sign in to your [device]" > "Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it" and follow along. (OR, for iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > “Forgot Apple ID or Password” then follow along)

If it only asks for password ***** enter an incorrect password ***** times and it should prompt to reset it.

Sorry I don,t know how to do this ,I guess I have to take this to a live person thanks anyway

I'm happy to walk you through this step by step.

Can you find the Settings app icon on your iPad?

can you call me on the phone?
I hit setting so what do I do after this?

I can not provide telephone currently, unfortunately.

However, if you see the Settings app, tap it to open it.

At the top of the screen do your see your user name or an option to "Sign in to your [device]"?

No it does not say username
Sorry,I am not good doing this texting back and forth ,so thanks I have to find someone I can talk too.

You can request a phone call and another expert may pick it up.

in the meantime;

On that Settings screen do you see the option for "iCloud"?