Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't open the Photos App on my MacBook laptop...get

Customer Question
I can't open the...

I can't open the Photos App on my MacBook laptop...get message "Closing the library". The Photos App does open on my iphone, however.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Photos

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

System preferences / icloud

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

First, try force-closing Photos - choose Force Quit from the Apple Menu or press Command-Option-Esc and select Photos from the Force Quit list, then click Force Quit

Once Photos quits, shut down your Mac and wait for a few minutes.

Power the Mac back up and open Photos.

Check if your Photos app is working fine again, and updates the library with any photos taken recently.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------