Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Is this a rel Apple Arert? Re: Docs: [ 3/18/2018 ]: Your…

Customer Question
Is this a rel...

Is this a rel Apple Arert?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Re : Docs : [ 3/18/2018 ] : Your password ***** been successfully requested to reset! 2.71.255.255 [ Sweden ] [ Safari ] [ Mac OS ] [ Receipt. 8JAK18MSKK ] Does this look like it’s a real update notice? If it is from Apple then it’s a hacked password ***** Other possibility is it’s a fishing line and I don’t know which. Please send to***@******.*** an email addresses so I can forward the whole message.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that’s it. I’m not happy using the link in the message to return my password ***** I know it’s safe to do so. I have not attached a credit card to any accounts so that’s not an issue.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

There have been a lot of these scam emails going around lately and they will ask you for personal information like your social security number or other personal information. Do not click any links in that email just to be safe. Go directly to the website and log in. If you have no issue logging then this email is a scam and it does seem like a scam already.

If you cannot sign in reset your password. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks Chris.
Naturally I came here first. I’ll just ignore this email then as I never use the service.

Perfect. You were right to questions that email. Sadly a lot of people have been falling for these scams and handing over their personal information to hackers. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.