Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I’m wondering what do I have to get a new phone the phone I…

Customer Question
I’m wondering what do...

I’m wondering what do I have to get a new phone the phone I have is having serious issues

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

I have a iPhone 7 Plus

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It’s been doing it a while and the home button isn’t working ...and it goes off and come on when it wants to , and the volume is like it’s supposed to be I’ve never had this problem with a iPhone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Not rellly I’m in class I can only text right now ....I just want to get a new ph Me I’ve never had this problem with a Apple phone

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 5 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your Apple iPhone 7 Plus. You may have a few options in regard to getting this device replaced.

If your iPhone was purchased less than 1 year ago, Apple's warranty covers malfunction of the device and they can replace your iPhone directly. If you are within proximity of an Apple store, they can perform a same-transaction swap. Otherwise, you would need to create a service request with Apple, send your iPhone in for replacement, and wait (3-5 days) for a new device to be sent back to you.

If you purchased AppleCare+ with your iPhone, your warranty period is 3 years for Apple to provide a direct replacement. In this scenario -- if you don't live in proximity of an Apple Store -- Apple will send you a new device FIRST and then pay for shipping of your broken iPhone back to them.

If you'd like to get your iPhone repaired/replaced by Apple and it is not under warranty, Apple will service your iPhone for a fee of $349.

Now, if you're outside of the warranty period, did not purchase AppleCare+, and are looking for the speediest replacement, the device replacement will be done through your mobile carrier. This is a very easy process if you purchased a mobile device protection/insurance product from your carrier -- typically you would just need to visit your local mobile phone store, pay a small deductible (typically $99-$129) and walk out with a replacement iPhone. If you did not purchase an insurance product and you've had your iPhone for more than 14 days, you would either need to purchase a new iPhone outright, pay off half of your device to become eligible for a phone upgrade, or otherwise acquire a new phone by adding a new line to your account, etc.

Hope that helps! Please let us know how this works out for you.

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!