Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have the iPhone 7plus and have been having issues with it…

Customer Question
Hi i have the...

Hi i have the iPhone 7plus and have been having issues with it saying no service for several months off and on and it just keeps happening more frequently i have been to my cell phone service provider several times, they have checked all the settings numerous times, they have pushed updates through to my phone if i take the SIMs card out and put it in my husbands phone it works fine.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

IOS 11.2.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

We live in Kansas and last fall we traveled to South Dakota on vacation. While out there i had service the first half of our trip and then it just quit. My phone hasn't had service when i leave the state since (we frequently go to nebraska bc we only live 10 miles from there) but in the last couple of months it will say no service even when I'm at home or in Kansas where there are nextech towers. i have been to three different nextech stores where they have checked all the cellular and data settings for the network. I have called into nextech and they have pushed updates to my phone followed by a hard reboot. we have deleted the phone and network history and set it up as a new iPhone, we have deleted everything and set iu up from back up on the computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.
From the sound of it, it really sounds like the SIM card is the issue. That is the card that controls features like phone calls and reception to the phone.
Especially after going a reset on the phone, and the problem still existing.

Have you requested that Nextech give you a new SIM card? They should do this free of charge. I had similar issues personally with my cell phone and it was the SIM card that was the issue.

The other possibility is that the slot where the SIM card goes may have picked up some debris or water. Have you tried removing the SIM card and blowing clean air into the slot to verify it is clean and dry?

Here is how to do that

Remove SIM:

1. Take a simple paper clip and make it straight.
  2. Check the right side of your phone to locate the SIM tray.
  3. Insert the pin into the small hole and push it slightly until the tray pops-out.
  4. Remove the SIM card from the tray.
    Then

Insert SIM

5. Take a simple paper clip and make it straight.
  6. Check the right side of your phone to locate the SIM tray.
  7. Insert the pin into the small hole and push it slightly until the tray pops-out
  8. Insert the SIM card into the tray so the notched corner aligns.
  9. Reinsert the SIM tray into the iPhone
  10. Reboot and test phone.

Let me know your results and we can continue troubleshooting.

-Jamie

Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 3 months ago

Would you like further assistance with this issue.
Let me know

-Jamie