Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I wanr i want to go to the apps store and I don’t know my…

Customer Question
I wanr i want...

I wanr i want to go to the apps store and I don’t know my password

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have an I pad and a apple 7+ I don’t know what the operating system is

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I have no idea...where do I find it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Just recently I tried to get to the apps store

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I’ve had the I pad about a year

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.

The app store uses your AppleID account to log in to download/purchase apps.

It sounds like you will need to do a password ***** through apple's reset website. Once you get the password ***** both your Ipad and Iphone will need the new password ***** order to allow access to apps.

Here are the steps you need to take to get this password ***** If you feel overwhelmed or uncomfortable, we do offer remote support. I can log in with you and assist in getting this worked out. If you feel comfortable attempting these steps alone that is fine too.
Let me know if you have any questions/issues after doing these steps and we can continue troubleshooting.

Use your Apple ID password ***** account page:

1. Go to your Apple ID account page (https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin) and click Forgot appleID or password.(near bottom of page)
  2. When you're asked to enter your Apple ID, enter your AppleID
  3. Enter your first name, last name, and email address. If you enter the wrong email address, you can try again with a different one.

If you don't know your apple ID you can view the Apple ID that you're using for these services:

From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store. On iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iTunes & App Store
  2. Tap Settings > [your name]. On iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud
  3. Tap Settings > Messages > Send & Receive
  4. Tap Settings > FaceTime
  5. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars

From your Mac or PC:

1. Select Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud
  2. Open Mail, then select Mail > Preferences, then click Accounts
  3. Open Calendar, then select Calendar > Preferences, then click Accounts
  4. Open FaceTime, then select FaceTime > Preferences, then click Settings
  5. Open Messages, then select Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If this helps, please rate me 5 Stars!

Thanks,

Jamie