Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My old iPad on iOS 9.3.5 is stuck to an old unverified

Customer Question
Hi. My old iPad on...
Hi. My old iPad on iOS 9.3.5 is stuck to an old unverified locked iCloud account. I've been trying to delete it but no luck. Need help please.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/19/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 3 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.
It sounds like you will need to get the old icloud account verified first, and make sure you can get into that account. Then you can log into the Ipad and remove it from the device.

Have you tried using Apple's password ***** tool yet to get the password ***** that appleID cloud account reset?
https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Let me know the current stage of this so that I can continue to troubleshoot properly with you.

Thanks,

Jamie

Hi Jamie. Thanks for the prompt response. Actually the account is idle, has No password, and was never verified. I tried doing what you suggested but the message I got was:

You're welcome. Thank you for the image, that helps on my end too.
What message do you receive if you go to that website in the error message: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid
And try a password ***** It looks like it thinks the account needs another reset done.

-Jamie

It gives me another message “there is no account named xxxxx.
The old account I mean

Sounds like we have two options then. First would be to get into the ipad and remove that appleID login from all areas of the ipad and use your new one.

Or, we could setup a "New" appleid using the old account info, in order to get it active again, then we can deactivate it properly.

Lets try just removing the AppleID locked to the Ipad and set it up with a new one first.

1. Go to Settings > iCloud.
  2. Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
  3. Tap Sign Out.
  4. Tap Delete from My iPhone.
  5. Tap Keep or Delete for data on your iOS device, such as iCloud calendars, Safari data, reminders, and contacts.
  6. Enter your Apple ID password, and tap Turn Off. (since you have no password, can might be able to just click next, or enter the old password ***** think it was)

If these steps fail, then we will need to use the old account information and setup a "new" appleID account using that info, in order to run the steps above.

Let me know if this makes sense or if you need additional steps, or would like to start a remote support session with me.

-Jamie

Hi Jamie, and thanks for being helpful as hard as you can, really appreciate it.
It seems my problem has no solution but formattin the iPad, if you could help me on this? Thanx.

Sorry for the delay in response. Yes I can assist you with this. Would be best to do a remote session and I can connect into your MAC/PC and we can format the Ipad through the computer. Let me know when you are ready to do this and I am more than happy to assist you.

-Jamie