Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I bought a new iPhone and I need to know when was the last…

I bought a new...

I bought a new iPhone and I need to know when was the last time my old iPhone was backed up in iCloud.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I’m not sure if this is what you need to know. T-Mobile. Version 11.2.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Well the old phone says AT & T. I changed carrier.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing yet. I was going to do a reset on my new one, but I’m afraid that if I do a backup before erasing all settings and contents is going to replace the last backup I did on my old one.

3/19/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you still have your old phone with you?

Please let me know

I have it, but I’ve been using the new one for about a week and have data and new pictures.

Thanks

On the old phone

1. Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
  2. Under iCloud, tap Manage Storage.
  3. Click on your device under Backups.
  4. It will show the last backup time and date.

Let me know how you go please

I can do that, but let’s say I backup my new one before I do that, will that backup supersedes the latest backup I have of the old one?

yes, the new backup will always overwrite the old one.

You can choose to backup via your computer in iTunes instead if you wish to avoid this

How about my old one? Do I have to do a backup in iTunes for both?

If you wish to keep that backup then it would be best to do so.

to make sure I understand. I can backup in iTunes my old one first and then the new one? Will I be able to backup data and pictures.

Correct, and they will remain seperate.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Thank you, ***** ***** time finished?

You can ask me any follow up questions whenever you like, I only ask for now you please rate my service for answering your initial questions, you can ask anything else relating to this if you wish.

Richard, Apple Software Engineer